Services – Mossel Bay Mesh Network
Current services available for users of this network:
PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MESH NETWORK TO MAKE USE OF THESE SERVICES! SUBSCRIPTION IS FREE YOU ONLY PAY FOR YOUR OWN NETWORK EQUIPMENT. MORE INFO CONTACT THE ADMINISTRATOR VIA EMAIL.
- Free Mesh Network currently on test in the Heiderand neighbourhood.
- Apache Web Server hosting the Mossel Bay Mesh Network web-pages.
- MsbMesh Audio channel/server for voice conferencing, voice chat and streaming.
- WiFi Access Points (MsbMesh3AP + MsbMesh4AP – Connect to AP’s via WiFi if in range.
- Secure File Transfers. (SFTP Server)
- MsbMesh Texting Channel – If there is an Internet/Cellphone outage for what reason, use this channel to for text messages.
- Live Audio/Bulletin/Podcast Streaming. (Currently only operational when activated by Administrator)
- CW Mesh Channel (CW mode room) Communicate via morse- or listen to morse code.
- Digital Mesh Channel. (Digital mode room) Communicate via Digital Modes or decode them.
- Citadel Email Server and Email Client. (Send/receive free emails ONLY on the Msbmesh Network)
- Remote Desktop/VNC Client and Server. (Remote control of Workstation/Servers)
- RTC DS3231 Real Time Clock. The RTC maintains seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year information on the Mossel Bay Mesh Network. This allows for quality data-logging and time-stamp functions for other applications.
- Winlink 2000 Emergency Email Communications: Amateur Radio Email without having direct connection to the Internet. Current Stations: Telnet Local User Station and VHF/UHF Local User Station Freq: 144.675 Mhz FM.
- Mossel Bay Weather Station Channel – This service allow for any local weather station information to be broadcasted on the Mesh Network even if there is no Internet connection. This will be most useful during emergencies, disasters or severe weather events.
- Echolink Streaming Audio Channel – Echolink audio is broadcast on this channel over the Mossel Bay Mesh Network if and when there is activity. Echolink allows worldwide connections to be made between stations, or from computer to station, greatly enhancing Amateur Radio’s emergency and general communications capabilities.
- Amateur Radio J.O.C Channel – Receive, transmit and store information and messages in the event of Emergencies and Disasters. – “Disaster Management is everybody’s business”
- VoIP server for MSBMESH telephony. (Asterisk) Running on Raspberry Pi 3 and used with AllStar Link.
Future services to be implemented for users of this network:
- CERT – Community Emergency Response Teams program helps train people to be better prepared to respond to emergency situations in their communities.
- Safe and Well Service – After a disaster, letting your family and friends know that you are safe and well can bring your loved ones great peace of mind.
- Free PBX – FreePBX is a web-based open source GUI (graphical user interface) that controls and manages Asterisk (PBX), an open source communication server
- 3CX – 3CX is a software-based, open standard, IP PBX that offers complete Unified Communications features
- Grandstream Gateway
- csipsimple is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) application for GoogleAndroid operating system using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Web EOC 8.2 information management system that provides a single access point for the collection and dissemination of emergency or event-related information.
- Stratum 1 Time Server – GPS time and date server for installation on the Mesh Network.
- Listen and monitor Amateur Radio Emergency Communication Nets
- GNU Social – Quitter Micro Blog Server
- Media Grid – Storage and display photos, videos and other media
- Media Goblin – Storage and display photos. videos and other media
- NextCloud – a suite of client-server software for creating file hosting services and using them very similar to the widely used Dropbox
- Video surveillance for Heiderand Neigbourhood Watch
- Free VoIP phone calls within the Heiderand/Mosselbay area
- Hosting Wikipedia Pages
- Heiderand Community Radio Streaming
- Video Streaming Server
- Online Backups
- Home Automation Systems
- Listen to Amateur Radio News Bulletins
- Extending the Mesh Network to other neighbourhoods
- Local Iphone and Android Phone Services
- APRS-RX-iGate with DVB-T stick (PyMultimonAPRS)
- Person Finder (Find lost people during disasters/emergencies)
- Video server for MSBMESH-ATV (Icecast)
- LinPhone VOIP with video
- VoIP server for MSBMESH telephony (Asterisk)
- APRS server as gateway to the APRS-IS (aprsc)
- SDR server with DVB-T stick (OpenWebRX)
- Relay Control / EchoLink Gateway (SvxLink)
- Relay networking via TCP / IP (SvxServer)
- VPN client for MSBMESH connection (PPTP)
- DELAYED!!! MSBMesh Weather Camera Server (Download weather images every 15 minutes and display them via a Browser on the Mesh Network.
NEXT PAGE: How to and Information Pages: MsbMeshNetwork (Under Construction)
Back to HOME PAGE