The following is a presentation by the AREDN – Mossel Bay Mesh Network. Welcome to the Reboot Amateur Radio Podcast. Your host is Johan Terblanche ZS1I.
Greetings from Mossel Bay, South Africa.
Episode 2 – In this episode we look at how futuristic technology called AREDN – Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network, group responds to a Fire Disaster in the Southern Cape in June 2017. This podcast is for you and all those interested in futuristic technology.
Content this episode:
- An unusually large Extratropical Cyclone, winterstorm struck the Southern coast of South Africa.
- Fire Storm Knysna – 7 people killed (3 firefighters and 4 civilians) 10 000 displaced and around 600 structures destroyed.
- Largest deployment of fire fighters in South Africa to date.
- Press Release by AREDN Group in South Africa.
- After Action Report by AREDN – Mossel Bay Mesh Network.
- Cause of Fires – CSIR Report
- Important and crucial role played by AREDN – Mossel Bay Mesh Network.
Content next episode:
In the next episode we look into getting the youth into Amateur Radio in today’s high tech world with a lot of competition for their attention. Is it possible and what we need to know about the youth before we can even contemplate “recruiting” them to become futuristic radio amateurs?
Website AREDN – Mossel Bay Mesh Network: https://mosselbaymesh.co.za
The Reboot Amateur Radio Podcast is published bi-monthly. (every second week) Subscription- and rating links will be made available after the fifth episode.
POSTED: 9 October 2018
(Right click and select “Save Link As” to download MP3 file.)
Listen to the audio clip here: